Meet Featured Author Alice Mohor!
Join us for a Meet the Author Story Time on Saturday, April 21 at 1:00pm.
1. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
I am a retired elementary P. E. teacher, and I first wrote rhyming poetry for my elementary P. E. students.
2. What do you do when you are not writing?
I like to visit with my family and with my friends. I also like to read and discuss books with a group of friends.
3. When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?
When I wanted to share something that I had written.
4. What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
I often get an idea for a poem when I am trying to fall asleep. I keep a lighted pen and paper pads on my bedside table and often fall asleep while writing.
5. Do you have an upcoming book? If so, can you tell us a little bit about it?
Yes, I just published a second book of poetry, Shared Days, about two people learning how to love each other while living together.
6. Is anything in your book based on real life experiences or purely all imagination?
All of my poetry is based on my experience or understanding of real events.
7. What was your favorite part to write and why?
My favorite poems are about the ordinary days in life that feel special when we remember them.
8. Who is an author that you look up to today?
9. What is your favorite genre of book to read?
I like to read books about real things.
10. What is your favorite book?
11. Who is an author that has inspired you or influenced you growing up?
Mother Goose, Dr. Seuss, Robert Frost, Stephen Vincent Benet, and Edgar Allan Poe.
12. Who is an author that has inspired you more recently?
Edna St. Vincent Millay.
13. Do you have any advice to give to aspiring writers?
Yes, try to write something every day. Practice will make you better.
14. Is there anything that you would like to say to your readers?
Yes, if you will keep reading, I will keep writing.